Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's finally over!!

Yesterday, I finally graduated!! I graduated from UVU with a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education. It was such a big relief to know that I am done!! It was fun to have all of my family there, my little sister surprised me by coming! My cohort has become such good friends that we were all excited to graduate, but sad to know that we won't get to see each other every day. They have been such a good group to go through the program with. During the 2 years, so many went through hardships and it was nice to have such a big support group behind us. On top of all 30 classmates, I have had the best support from Cory, Brylee, and my Mom. I couldn't have done it without the 3 of them. So, here are some pictures of our day. It is crazy to think that it has taken me 8 years to graduate from college. Here are some pictures.

These two groups are some of my closest friends. The majority of them will be teaching in a different district and some even in another state, however we still plan to stay in touch! Sue (the one on the right) is one of the greatest friends around. We first started in education with Southern Utah University and when they dropped the program we were doing we ended up in the same cohort. I can not even explain how much I have learned from Sue, and what a great person she is. She has been such a great partner and has given me courage when I thought I couldn't go on!! I love her tons!!!
After graduation, my family and friends went to dinner at Chili's. This is one of my favorite places to eat. We had a great time visiting and of course eating! Overall, it was a great day and such a huge accomplishment in my life!!!

11 comments:

Jackson Family said...

congrats!

Tyler said...

Yeah! That is so exciting. I bet you are so relieved!

Fords said...

Congratulations - what a relief to be done with school (for a while anyway).

Katy said...

Congrats!! I can't wait to have the feeling of finally being done!!

My cohort just started a blog, because we have quite a few who will be doing internships. We thought it would be a good way to toss around ideas and stuff...just an idea!! :)

Are you planning on teaching next year? If you are, give me some ideas on daycare...There is no getting around it this upcoming semester.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Congratulations!
I'll bet you are so glad to be
done. That is so exciting. I was excited to see that you have a blog on this site too.
I agree we will have to keep in touch more.
Brylee is a cutee. It sounds like you are having lots of fun with her.

Suzee said...

Congratulations Melissa! That is quite an accomplishment. I don't know how you do it with working, going to school and helping out at Stars. You are amazing!!

amber said...

Congratulations Melissa! We're so proud of you!

Meet The Robinson's said...

Congrats Melissa!

Kandas said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! That is a HUGE accomplishment! I am sure you are thirlled and just overwhelmed with excitement. I can not wait for the day that Ri and I both walk. It will be such an amazing feeling. Well, as cheezy as it sounds... I am so proud of you! I know it hasn't been easy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

You go Girl..!! Congratz on the BIG accomplishment! Sacrifices well spent! Way 2 go!
You look great! It's good to see some pix of ya!

laneolson said...

Congrats on the big graduation. I ran into Cory the other day. It was good to talk to him. i hope everything is going well for you.