Saturday, April 19, 2008

IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR GRADUATION!!!!

After graduating from high school eight years ago, I am extremely excited that I will be graduating with my bachelors degree in Elementary Education in less than a week. The past two years have been so difficult, but now I am glad that I went through with things. As many of you already know, when I found out I was pregnant I was not ready at all. It came as quite the suprise and then she was coming in September, right when fall semester of my senior year was going to start. However, I went to the doctor on August 6th and he sent me to the hospital on August 7th for some non-stress tests. When the nurse called Dr. Nance, he requested that they admit me and keep a close eye on me. Well, on August 8th our nurse came in and thought things were fine (that was at about 9:00 a.m.) and then about 30 minutes later the news came......... I was having a baby at 12:00 p.m. I was so scared and didn't even know what to think. Well, I delivered Brylee and they immediately took her the NICU. (Those two and a half weeks that she spent in the NICU) were the hardest weeks of my life! As soon as we got the okay for Brylee to come home on August 23rd, I was so excited. Then life just got harder, UVSC's Education Department gave me two weeks and I had to be back in class. This was the hardest decision of my life and luckily I have a great husband who was able to stay home with her at the time. However, even though these last 8 months have been the hardest of my life dealing with a new baby, school, and work-- I am excited to be graduating!!!!! Sorry to ramble on, but tonight I just got thinking how I thought I would never make it through and I have!! I am done with school and I don't ever have to go again if I don't want to! (that will change since I plan on getting a masters later on in life) Anyway, I am grateful to have such a great baby girl, an amazing husband, and a great family who have helped me through it all! I will be posting some pictures tomorrow of our two day trip to Big Rock Candy Mountain!!!!

6 comments:

Holman Family said...

I am glad you commented on my blog so that I could find you. I am so glad that you and your baby are healthy. Now that you are graduating, you can take a deep breath and rest for a while. Oh, and she is sooo cute!

Fords said...

Yeah! There is no better career (I think) than teaching - I hope you love it. Congratulations on the graduation!!

Fords said...

I just saw your comment on my blog. Yes, I am addicted to digital scrapbooking. It is so nice because you can find TONS of free stuff on the web and you don't have to make a huge mess. I use Photoshop, but Photoshop Elements is inexpensive and really good for digital scrapbooking. It really isn't hard, but if you wanted to get together one day this summer and have a quick little lesson (what I know), I would be happy to get you addicted to it as well!! You can email me at my nebo email address if you want more information.

I do love teaching highschool - are you loving teaching 6th grade or do you want to teach a different grade?

Tim Anderson said...

Hey this is Tim Anderson, it is so good to see your blog and your cute little girl. Its exciting to here about your life's and I am glad things are going well. We will have to all get together this summer for a picnic or something! My wife is quite the blogger you are welcome to check it out timandkel.blogspot.com. Talk to you later.

The Chizel Family said...

Congrats! You have worked so hard, way to go!

Katy said...

Congrats Melissa!! You are amazing! I struggle going to school full time with a two year old. I would have been a basket case with a new born, especially a premie!! Your little one is a cutie!