Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our New Addition!!

Well, last Thursday was the day. We went to the hospital for our appoitment at 9:30 and my blood pressure was still high. We were monitored for about 45 minutes and my blood pressure stayed high (not as high as I when I went in but high) and so the nurse did a few more things and decided she should call the Doctor. We waited for about 30 min. before the doctor called back and he decided that he wanted to admit me. So, we walked over to labor and delivery and got set up. Once we were all settled in he called back and mentioned that he would be to deliver at 2:30. The nurse began the preparations for the c-section and my nerves began to grow. Oh, once they started the preparations I was scared to death. At 2:30 the doctor came in and mentioned that they had an emergency that had to go in and so we would be pushed back a little bit. At 3:15 we were on our way to the operating room.

Our little Ellie Joyce Jorgensen was born at 3:47 p.m. and was healthy and screaming. It was such a relief to hear her screaming. She weighed 5 lbs. 8 oz. and was 18 in. long. My health started to get better and the blood pressure was dropping, until Saturday morning and it went right back up. It continued to stay high and so I left the hospital with having to take medicine to control it. Oh the joys of my pregnancies.
Ellie is doing great and we love having her in our home. I was worried about Brylee at first, but she loves her. She always wants to hold her and she is always asking where the baby is. Brylee is such a great big sister. I have not felt very well since I came home and so it is nice today that I feel a little bit better. Cory and I have had a hard time adjusting to getting up at night and training Ellie to sleep during the night instead of the day. We never had to train Brylee to do that because the NICU did it for us. We are finally getting a little more sleep than the first few nights, but I know that it will be a little while before she is fully trained. Anyway, that has been our life for the past week. I will post some pictures below.
Getting ready to deliver, oh I love the fact that I am so swollen!!


Cory and the proud grandparents.

Our little Ellie.

The proud big sister!!

Brylee's favorite thing to do!!!

10 comments:

Kandas said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited. Congrats!

Jennie said...

She is so cute! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. We want to come see you when everyone is feeling better. Let us know if you need help with anything (and that's for real)!

Fords said...

Yeah - Congratulations!!! She is a doll!

Meagan said...

Super cute! Love the name!

I still wanna bring you lunch or dinner... I'll call you and we'll decide on a good time, okay?

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

COngratulations!
She is sooo cute and tiny!

Jackson Family said...

She is so cute congrats!

Cammee said...

Oh my goodness, they sure look like sisters, don't they? She is so cute!

Blake and Leslie said...

Congrats on the new baby!! She is adorable! You have 2 beautiful girls! I hope you get feeling better and start getting more sleep!

Lori said...

Congrats! what a darling little girl, Sisters!!! I think every girl needs a sister. Your girls are both really cute and I am so glad that you are doing okay. Gee...all these cute babies is making me want another one :)

Lily said...

Melissa

Thanks for stopping by. You are the cutest gal.And thank you for your nice comments. I hope your doing okay with the new tiny babe and all. Please call me if you need anything.I would love to help. Enjoy your time off work. Maybe when it gets a little warmer I will stop by and check on you. :)