Monday, January 12, 2009

The End of this Pregnancy is Almost Here!!!

So, I visited the doctor two days before Christmas and all he had to say to me was I better take it easy!!!! My blood pressure was extremely high and I was starting to swell. Well, I made him promise to at least let me spend Christmas home with my family and he did. I was scheduled to go in for a non-stress test at the hospital the day after Christmas and I was told to have my bags packed. Cory and I spent Christmas making sure the house was clean and I also spent most of the day resting to help the blood pressure drop.
We went in on Friday to have the test and my blood pressure was high, but not high enough that we would have to deliver. So, I went back home with mixed feelings. I was ready to have a baby so I would feel better, but I was not ready to spend time in NICU again.
The next week I had another doctors appoitment and he mentioned the same thing, I needed to rest the majority of the day because my blood pressure was a little high. So, the appoitments at the hospital continued as well as appoitments with the doctor. Then the news came, I could not go back to school when it was time. This made me so sad!! He reminded me that there was a reason that this baby was still inside and it was because I hadn't been teaching during Christmas. I then had to write the lesson plans and discuss things with my sub.
I didn't think it would be so hard to not be at school. I miss my students and I miss teaching. I love being home with Brylee, but I hate resting all day. I know that it is for the best that I am home, but I tell you what it is so hard.
Today I had another appoitment and we have scheduled a surgery date!!! Yeah!! He has scheduled the 21st to take the baby. So, I have a week and a half left and it can't come fast enough. Everyone told me that because I went so early with Brylee that this last month would last forever and it is very true. I hurt so bad and I am ready to have this baby. I do go for another non-stress test this Thursday and if things have drastically changed then he will take it then, but if not we are scheduled for next week. I can't wait... it will give Cory a little more time to get her room ready.
Now, I will spend my days trying to get the rest of my lesson plans done for my class while I am gone. It takes so many hours of preparation to do these, but I know it is worth it. I am so excited for this new little baby to come into our home. Brylee has been so fun that it is hard to think how I am going to do two, under the age of two.
So, I am excited that the end of this pregnancy is almost here. It will be so nice to finally have a chance to play with Brylee and not feel so yucky!!

3 comments:

Fords said...

Yeah! I hope things go well for you...I can't wait to see pictures of your cute new baby girl! Leaving school is the worst...it is 10 times harder than just being there, I know what you are going through with that! Anyway, good luck!

Jennie said...

I hope everything goes well. Let us know if you need help with anything. I sympathize with you on the bed rest thing- it's not fun when someone tells you that you have to do it! Love ya! Jenn

Kandas said...

Good luck. We are praying all will go well! Can't wait to hear that the little baby is here safe and sound!!