Friday, June 27, 2008

A Quick Little Update...

So, there is a lot to update about what has been going on in our lives lately. A couple of weeks ago Brylee and I were getting ready to head to Las Vegas and so I dropped her off at moms while I finished some last minute things up at the studio. When I went to pick her up, Mom said she had been crawling. I was so excited and yet sad at the same time that she did it with Grandma first. It is so fun to watch her and her knees are raw.

We took a trip to Vegas for a dance competition and we had a blast. My mom came down to tend Brylee and they enjoyed hanging out in the pool while I attended workshops. On Thursday, mom and Brylee flew home with Angela to attend a funeral. That was the first time that Brylee had flown on an airplane and mom said she did great until the landing. Her ears were killing her and they said she was screaming. I was sad that mom had to deal with that, but she insisted on bringing her home.

The dance competition went well and the girls did great. Our show won and they placed well in each of their team routines. I am so lucky to have the chance to work with such great girls. I try to picture myself without them and I can't. While we were there, the girls had the chance to do a workshop with Sabra Johnson, the winner of "So You Think You Can Dance!" They had a lot of fun and she was great. Our soloist did well also!! Besides the heat, we had a great weekend! I will post a picture of my niece with Sabra.

I was so excited to get home and see Brylee, I was missing her tons. She was such a good girl and I was glad she hadn't forgot who we were. I am so lucky have such great parents and in-laws that are so willing to tend and help whenever.

Brylee is now crawling all over the house and of course getting into everything she shouldn't. I am constantly behind her telling her no. I finally had to close up the entertainment center because she kept getting her legs stuck under it. I am not sure what we are going to do with all the DVD and games that we have on the shelves. Now, she is trying to stand!! She wants to stand on her own and she just can't. She pulls herself up to everything and anything she can reach. Anyway, she is a lot of fun and I am having a hard time believing that she is almost one! We have had so much fun with her.


I am enjoying just being home and have been really tired, so needless to say I haven't got much done. I keep telling myself that I will do it tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and it doesn't get done. I feel like I got more done when I was working because I had to!! I have enjoyed being home with Brylee and taking part in all of her fun moments.

Cory and I have had a lot of fun being home in the evenings and doing things together. It is nice to have that time together. We are continually working on our yard and trying to figure out why we can't keep our flowers alive. (I am the worst!) Anyway, there is a quick update on our life and a few pictures that we have taken lately.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Carson is one on July 6th. When is Brylee? And Chad's Carson, is one on July 5th. Lot's of birthdays!

Carson still just scoots. He can crawl but knows he can go faster on his tummy. These little stinkers. Is she getting into cupboards yet? Carson is, and he has started pulling himself up on stuff.

Cammee said...

Yay! She's crawling! You'll wonder why you ever wanted her to be mobile. She looks so BIG in the last picture you posted of her!

Glad you had a good time in Vegas, I'll bet you are ready for a rest :)

Suzee said...

I am so glad that you did so well in Vegas. Beating Bountiful? That is HUGE! Great job. You and Ang are wonderful. We felt awful that we weren't there. Your Brylee is getting so big. Just wait, you will blink and she will be turning 13! Now isn't that good news?

Fords said...

I can't believe that she is going to be one! I agree with the earlier post that she looks so big in the last picture you posted. She is a cutie! Once they start moving - they never stop (it gets a little exausting!)

By the way, thanks for the comment and of course I would love to help you with her one year announcements, if you decide send me an email and we can decide what you want.

Kandas said...

I can't believe how big Brylee is getting. She is crawling?? How cute!!

Hey shoe party on the 10th huh?? What time and I am there!!!!

Mrs. Brindley said...

Brylee is adorable! I can't believe how big she is getting! We need to do lunch! I hope all is well!

Kandas said...

Mel- I am sorry that I missed your shoe party... I actually have a friend from Paris staying with me this week and my family and I took her up Provo Canyon to see the water falls and to do the bike trails, then down to Brick Oven to eat American Pizza. It was really fun but I was sad that I missed your party. How did it go??