Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Joys of being Pregnant!!!

So, as most of you already know I did not have a very easy pregnancy with Brylee and this one has not been much better!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! During the week of parent teacher conferences I was extrememely busy and stressed out. I had not felt the baby move for a few days and friends and family told me not to worry about it. I figured it was becauase I was busy and so I just waited until I had my scheduled Appt. with the Doctor. Parent Conferences were on a Thursday and my appointment was on Friday. When I went, he told me to hop up so we could hear the heartbeat and so I mentioned to him that I to was ready to hear the heartbeat because I had been worried that I had not felt her move. Well, he was nervous that I had not called him sooner!! He listened and got a a heartbeat, but he was still nervous. So, he sent me right to Utah Valley to have a non-stress test. I was there for about an hour while the monitored the baby. They said everything looked good and can I tell you that was a huge relief. Well, then the Monday after I took my class to planning time and when I went back to class I checked my phone. I had a message and so I began listeneing. It was the hospital and the message was marked urgent. My heart dropped and I instantly became very worried. The message mentioned that after the doctor reviewed the tests he was a little worried and wanted me to come back for another test. So, I made the necessary arrangements for Brylee and then Cory and I headed back to the hospital. We were there for about three hours. We had another non-stress test and two ultra-sounds and luckily things are okay. I tell you what being pregnany stresses me out!! I just don't have the easiest pregnancies and it makes me nervous. So now, I have to ask a couple questions for those of you who have been pregnant before.
I think that she is sitting on a nerve right now becauase I have a tingling feeling in my left arm. Is this normal. Has anyone ever felt this way before? I know I could be paranoid, but it is the weirdest feeling ever. Anyway, if you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!!

5 comments:

Fords said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is okay! I totally know how you feel being pregnant, because mine was not good either! I guess that is why I haven't had the courage to be pregnant again:) Anyway, good luck with the arm thing, I didn't have anything like that, but I hope it gets better soon.

Meagan said...

I never had that problem, but my legs did go numb all the time (I had sciatic nerve problems).

But, I still think you should call the doc. Better safe than sorry! Please call him!

Leilini W. Kinikini said...

Melissa I was so glad to hear that you and baby are okay! Try not to stalk up on the stress level from school, it's not healthy for anyone...especially pregnant women! (I know there are some stresses we just can't avoid!)

I am on my 6th pregnancy and my advice for you about the arm thing is this...on my 3rd pregnancy my uterus was pressed up against a nurve in my spine... because I carried the baby mostly in my back, everytime I would even lay completely flat on my back it was like I went paralyzed! Seriously I couldn't MOVE (just my arms could), so I managed to roll on my side and instantly my back and legs would be normal...weird huh? I freaked out, saw my doc, and they told me that it's just one of "THOSE" things that some pregnancy's cause!
Luckly it only lasted 3 months and I was fine after that, and all my pregancy's following have been totally fine! So don't stress too much, but like Meagan said...ask your doc just to be safe (for you and for the baby!)

sorry for the NOVEL? :D

Kristyn said...

I have no idea about the arm thing, but maybe you could google it. But good luck with the rest of the pregnancy - hopefully no more scares! That's freaky to have to get two stress tests! Maybe she's just a super mellow baby? And I'm amazed at how you juggle everything - teaching, Brylee, everything. You're amazing!

Lori said...

That is so scary! I think you should call him and just tell him. I had the sciatic nerve stuff with my #2, but never in my arm.